Link to Gethin's official website

Gethin's Official website www.officialgethinjones.com

Wednesday 9 April 2008

Blue Peter Watch - Gethin is going!

On last night's Blue Peter we discovered that Geth is leaving Blue Peter after 3 and a bit years. I am sorry I did not post here, but I was updating the SGJ website, with shaking hand and racing brain!

The news will come as no surprise to Gethin's Girls - who have been speculating as to what his next move might be ever since he waltzed his way through into the Quarter Finals and smoothly glided on into the Semi Finals of Strictly Come Dancing! (Personally I am still convinced he actually did win, but that may have been the 'What a Great Final' thread on the SCD message boards - glitter ball, anyone?)

The BBC marked the announcement with an article here and an interview on News 24 (video on the link given).

Geth was obviously full of emotion during the brief announcement at the end of Blue Peter, and the questions poured in on the BP message board in preparation for a live webchat (and sorry, I may not be under 15, but I was reading it even if I couldn't post!!).

During the webchat, Geth mentioned the ball at which he and Camilla danced, but claimed Cam had told him he wasn't any good. Now, I personally recall her saying how proud she was of him!! ;)
Photobucket

What Geth said: "I've had a career on Blue Peter that you wouldn't even dream about and for that I feel privileged and fortunate."

The star, who also presents BBC News 24's entertainment show E24, said he had " loved" working on the show but felt "the time is right to leave".

He added: "I've appreciated every day of the past three and a bit years and am grateful to all the viewers for tuning in.

"It's very sad to be jumping ship, but I will still be on-screen until the end of the series whilst working on other projects."

BBC Children's Controller Richard Deverell said: "Gethin has more than lived up to our very high expectations of Blue Peter presenters with his total commitment, willingness to try anything and limitless good humour.

His last line will no doubt be one of the most gratifying for Geth.....

"He's done a brilliant job and we wish him well."

Good Luck Gethin - not that you will need it! What a star!